Dependent Eligibility

If you are a regular, full-time or part-time* Rollins employee, you are eligible for all of the benefits described on this site.

If you are a non-full-time employee, you are only eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan.

Please contact the Benefits Call Center at 1‐844‐851‐5419 for information on benefits and policies that apply to part-time employees.

Your dependents are also eligible for Rollins benefits, including:

  • Medical
  • Dental
  • Vision
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • Employee Assistance Program
* Part time employees that averaged 30 service hours per week (or 130 hours per calendar month) may be eligible for benefits after one year of employment.

Which dependents are eligible?

Eligible dependents include:

  • Your legal spouse. Based on the Supreme Court ruling, Rollins recognizes same-sex marriages for federal tax purposes if you and your spouse are legally married in any state or foreign country that allows same-sex marriages. If you are legally married, you should submit your marriage license and call the Benefits Call Center to have the relationship changed to Spouse and to have imputed income removed. The children of your same-sex spouse are considered your stepchildren.
  • Domestic Partner. In order to cover your Domestic Partner, you must provide a State, City or Local Certification from the area in which you live.**
  • Dependent children younger than age 26.
  • Unmarried, dependent children of any age who become mentally or physically incapable of earning a living before age 26.
** Approved domestic partners of either the same sex or opposite sex, and children of your domestic partner who live with you are eligible for benefits at the same time that you become eligible.

You can end domestic partner coverage by calling Mercer Marketplace365. You cannot claim another domestic partnership for at least 12 months after ending one domestic partnership.

Dependent children

For the purposes of Rollins benefits, dependent children of you or your spouse are defined as:

  • Your natural children under age 26
  • Children who have been legally placed with you for adoption under age 26
  • Stepchildren and foster children under age 26.

Proof of eligibility for dependents

When you enroll a dependent in Rollins benefits, you must complete the Dependent Verification form and provide proof that your dependent is eligible for coverage.

Dependent you are enrolling Documents you must submit
Spouse/domestic partner Marriage or Domestic Partner certificate
Your natural child
  • Birth certificate or
  • Hospital birth letter listing you as a parent (if your child is less than six months old and you have not received a birth certificate)
Adopted/foster child or child in guardianship
  • Birth certificate or
  • Hospital birth letter listing you as a parent (if your child is less than six months old and you have not received a birth certificate)
Stepchild Birth Certificate listing your spouse as one of the parents
Child(ren) of your domestic partner Birth certificate listing your domestic partner as one of the parents

Note: Taxes and domestic partner benefits
Unless your domestic partner (and your domestic partner’s children, if applicable) are your dependents for income tax purposes, you cannot pay for their benefits with before tax money. In addition, Rollins cannot pay any part of their premium as part of our benefits plan. If you do choose to enroll your domestic partner and/or your domestic partner’s children then:

  • Your part of the premium will be deducted from your paycheck on an after-tax basis.
  • The amount that Rollins pays toward their coverage will be included in your paycheck as “imputed income” (income that you do not receive in cash but is still taxable). This means that you will be taxed on this income.

If you are not eligible for Rollins' coverage, be sure to explore your options to see what's available to you.